The Environmental Policy
The Environmental Policy of Foley & Miles Limited is to ensure so far as it is reasonably practicable that its operations will be carried out with a commitment to protecting and enhancing the environment. The same commitment will be expected to be shown by Company contractors.
This is a fundamental principle of Foley & Miles Limited’s business.
The Policy and all other Company environmental documentation and advice is based on Foley & Miles Limited’s view that environmental concern has equal stature to any other business objective. Foley & Miles Limited aims to establish a high priority of its principles in the corporate strategy.
Foley & Miles Limited therefore seeks to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulation. It also aims to establish higher standards of environmental performance where these are practicable and appropriate.
Concern and an awareness for the environment is the responsibility of the Directors of Foley & Miles Limited
Foley & Miles Limited employees have a legal and moral obligation to carry out their duties with concern for the environment. It is a condition of employment that all staff complies with the Policy.
In the event of an environmental accident or incident at work, it is a Company requirement that the details are promptly and properly reported to the Directors who will investigate and take prompt action to make good and avoid recurrence.
All contractors working on behalf of Foley & Miles Limited are required to adopt environmental standards fully consistent with those of Foley & Miles Limited and they are expected to achieve comparable levels of performance as a condition of their contract.
In accordance with its stated Policy, Foley & Miles Limited has produced the following guide-lines as a sound framework for the introduction of practices to implement it. The key elements of these objectives are:-
1. Compliance with Government Legislation and Local Government Regulations
2. Swift response to accidents or incidents that have a potential to threaten the environment
3. The provision of advice on the safe handling of company products, or their transportation and their final disposal to customers, contractors, etc.
4. Disposal of any waste products in ways that show concern for the environment
5. To encourage the developments of products, processes and equipment with concern for the future of the environment
6. To communicate freely on environmental matters with government officials, employees, customers and members of the public
7. The provision of training for all employees as appropriate to enable them to carry out their job functions in a manner that shows care for the environment
8. To carry out environmental audits when required
9. To promote environmental principles by sharing experience with regulatory bodies, other companies, employees and members of the public
10. In implementing this formal Environmental Policy, Foley & Miles Limited will focus on action to conserve resources and energy, to minimise emission to air, water and land and increase recycling rates
11. Foley & Miles Limited will also seek to influence legislative developments and improve public understanding of environmental matters concerning the business.